Older Posts

Sunday 5 February 2017

Makeup-less vs. Makeup-ness

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. I am currently in bed catching up on Sunday morning Youtube having just done my makeup and the idea of makeup-less vs. makeup-ness came into my head.
This is because yesterday I did not wear any makeup, which I will admit is rare for me. I love how I look with makeup and going without makeup even for a day curbs my self-esteem quite a bit. Because of this, when I finished my makeup and looked at myself, it wasn't with the usual 'feeling myself' vibe I usually have. Instead, it was more of a ''this is all fake' and 'but you still look like that underneath all of this, and that is the real you'. Real you. Maybe that's the problem. Makeup me and non-makeup me are still the same person, but in my head because I don't like the way I look without makeup so I set the looks as two different people. Makeup me is happy and satisfied whereas non-makeup me is unhappy, unmotivated and dissatisfied. Does anyone else feel this way?

I've never really thought about this before, so analysing it now and writing it down is really helping me come to terms with it and hopefully start to see the two looks as the same person, because they are.

I think I'm going to try going makeup-less more often. Not when I see people (apart from my uni flatmates and family as I know they don't mind how I look), but perhaps when I know I won't be going outside that day, just so I can get used to seeing myself makeup-less and not go for a second take in the mirror when I see myself without makeup.

If any of you are struggling with this also, I'd love to hear from you.

Happy Sunday, and I hope the week ahead treats you well.

~ Jess ~

No comments:

Post a Comment